Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 17, 2016

I woke up yesterday morning at 2 am with nerves & it was an emotionally exhausting day so when my head hit the pillow just after 11 pm last night, I was out for the count.  It seemed like only a moment before the alarm rang for her next round of meds.  Luckily she is a champ & went right back to sleep after each dose during the night.  We were both exhausted but were able to keep her pain under control.

I called the Resident Doctor last night when there was fresh blood leaking from the bandage of the skin graft site.  They instructed me to reinforce the bandage with gauze, so that's what we did.  This morning it was again bloody.  I called Dr. Muntz and he told me to again reinforce it and to put pressure on it for 10 minutes.  Two hours later there was more blood.  The blood is stressing Kambri out.  I turned to my trusty nurse friend Megan who confirmed that it was nothing to be too concerned about.  It has lightened throughout the day.

The medicine is making her nauseous & a little constipated which made for another rough day.  We are staying on top of her pain though so that is good news.

Tate has a fever today so he spent the whole day tucked in right next to her.  He loves having her home!  Her brothers are very tender with her.  I love watching the boys (& men) in this house melt over her.

She walks likes she's 105, it makes me smile every time she gets up.  Tonight she's straightened up a little and moves a bit faster.

THANK YOU for all of the prayers on Kambri's behalf.  We feel them and are forever grateful.

Visitors: the beehives (young women from our church) & leaders, Peter & Amy Nielson, Megan Anderson, Nicki Latimer, Jen Souter & her girls, aunt Melissa & the whole crew
Meals: Mindy Hilton, Lytton & Ashley Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment