Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 23, 2016

We sent her back to school today.  With her pain under control (she's completely off all meds!) & her ability to stand mostly upright we decided that she was ready.  She was excited to go back.  I walked her into the classroom this morning to talk to her teacher.  I was humbled as we walked the halls and students of all ages greeted her & welcomed her back to school.  She came home happy to report that Mrs. Hunsaker (another 1st grade teacher) yelled with excitement when she saw her.  A simple act of kindness goes a long way.  I worried for years about public school but every one of my concerns has been proven wrong.  We live in a great community and are surrounded by the best of the best.  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

Dr. Muntz's plan worked and tonight the gauze finally came off which means we got our first good look at the skin graft.  It actually looks a lot better than I expected.  As I mentioned before, there was a minor complication during surgery so it ended up being twice the size it should've been.  It should be minimal scaring.  Dr. Muntz told us that he used to tell his patients that it just feels like road rash when you fall of your bike.  Then he crashed on his bike and was reminded just how bad road rash hurts.  Now he tells them, "it feels like road rash when you fall of your bike!!!" :).

I had a preschool mom bring some things for anti-nausea for our ride home after surgery next time.  Another preschool mom brought a variety of essential oils to help with healing.  Another card came from great-grandma Page (#2 this week!).  Comments on Facebook & Instagram are flooding in.   I continue to be amazed at the generosity of people.  I've had many people ask to share her blog with family & friends.  I wish I had the ability to individually thank every single person who has helped us in this journey, even if you are simply following along you have made a difference.   THANK YOU for offering strength & encouragement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment